Topic: cla clearing handles from the wrong axis
Replies: 9   Last Post: Feb 25, 2013 4:01 PM

Scott

Re: cla clearing handles from the wrong axis

"Bruno Luong" <b.luong@fogale.findmycountry> wrote in message <kgfmrq$gpl$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Can you pick a handle h that has been change and run the command:
>
> ancestor(h,'axes')
>
> % Bruno

Bruno,

Thanks - that was exactly the command I needed. You were right that some of my handles were being assigned to the wrong axis (wrong from my point of view). I'm not yet sure why, but now I know more about where to look.

One fix I found was to explicitly set the figure in a particular place: set(0,'CurrentFigure',myData.figHandle) whereas before I was explicitly setting the axis but not the figure. I don't understand yet why changing this made the wrong assignment disappear since I was assigning the 'CurrentAxes' but at least now I have some tools to probe it.

Thanks for your patience,
Scott