Topic: Matrix question
Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 4, 2013 7:45 PM

quasi

Re: Matrix question

Ken Pledger wrote:
>Dieter von Holten wrote:
>>the solution is also a square matrix, same size, which has
>>only one 1 in each row and column. i learned recently, that
>>this is called stochastic matrix. the solution is also
>>symmetric to the diagonal....

>You can't mean that. It would just make every diagonal entry
>1, and give you the identity matrix.

What about an anti-diagonal matrix?

What about a transposition matrix?

What about any permutation matrix of order 2 -- that is,
a permutation matrix P such that P^2 = I.

The given condition is equivalent to the requirement that the
matrix be a product of pairwise disjoint transpositions.

quasi