Topic: How does infinitesimal exist?
Replies: 21   Last Post: Jun 7, 2013 12:13 AM

Angela Richardson

From: UK
Registered: 6/22/11
Re: RE: How does infinitesimal exist?
att1.html (1.9 K)

The intersection of the rationals in (0,1) and (0.5,7.5) is just the set of rationals in (0.5,7.5), unless I have misunderstood the question.

There are aleph-naught rationals in any interval which contains 2 rationals (e.g. is not (1,1) or [2,2] ). The rationals in the finite interval (a,b) can be placed into a bijection with the natural numbers by counting the integers by listing all multiples of 1 in (a,b) in increasing order, then all the multiples of 1/2 that are not already in the list, then multiples  of 1/3 etc.