Topic: Chaos theory applied to philosophy?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 15, 2013 7:17 PM

Jesse F. Hughes

Re: Chaos theory applied to philosophy?

Frederick Williams <freddywilliams@btinternet.com> writes:

> Here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21713163 there is an article
> about Mary Cartwright. This claim is made:
>
> Chaos theory is field of mathematical study, with
> applications in physics, engineering, economics,
> biology and philosophy
>
> I'm not saying it isn't so, but how is chaos theory applied in
> philosophy?

Beats me, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it were so. There's lots
of stuff in philosophy, some of it quite mathematical.

There's lots of crap in philosophy, too, so it's always possible that
chaos theory is being abused rather than applied.
--
Jesse F. Hughes
"[From now on] no simple dismissal of claims of counterexamples or