Topic: Chaos theory applied to philosophy?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 15, 2013 7:17 PM

FredJeffries@gmail.com

Re: Chaos theory applied to philosophy?

On Mar 10, 11:02 am, Frederick Williams
<freddywilli...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Here:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21713163there is an article
> about Mary Cartwright.  This claim is made:
>
> Chaos theory is field of mathematical study, with
> applications in physics, engineering, economics,
> biology and philosophy
>
> I'm not saying it isn't so, but how is chaos theory applied in
> philosophy?

Determinism isn't such a simple dichotomy anymore.

Wikipedia (from which the claim is pulled) refers to
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S135521980900032X