Topic: NyaN fractions and partitioning of Naturals into other NyaN bases
then ternary.

Replies: 13   Last Post: Mar 16, 2013 5:36 AM

William Elliot

Re: NyaN fractions and partitioning of Naturals into other NyaN
bases then ternary.

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013, JT wrote:

> Is there name for fractions when partitioned into other bases then
> decimal, in decimal base they are of course decimals but what do you
> call them in binary, octal, hexa and so on?

Binaries, octals, hexas.

> Evidently transfer principle either did not understand how NyaN works
> or mocking me and i have no clue as to why.
> But below is fractions as written in NyaN bases it have some
> aestatichal symmetry that 0 based bases lacks.
>
> Binary 1=.2 ; 1/2=.1 ; 2/2=.2 ; 1/4=.(1)1 ; 2/4=. (1)2 ...

NyaN is stupid, don't use it.
.2 is not a binary number
.1(1) and .1(2) are nonsense.
1/4 = .01 in binary.