Topic: I almost made a great medical discovery today!
Replies: 12   Last Post: Apr 3, 2013 1:30 PM

hanson

Re: I almost made a great medical discovery today!

"Tom Potter" <tdp1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have had a nagging cough for a few days.
>
> Today, while surfing the net,
> I used an LED lamp similar to the one shown
> at the URL below,
> to illuminate my keyboard.
>
> http://cloud6.lbox.me/images/384x384/201209/1-5w-24-led-fold-eyeshield-reading-table-desk-lamp-green-220v_pmutss1348134888870.jpg
>
> The lamp has a battery that recharges when it is
> plugged into the A.C. line.
>
> As I was surfing,
> I became aware of a chemical/electronic smell,
> and checked out my computer, monitor,
> opened the window to see if the smell came from the outside,
> then checked out the entire house.
>
> I then returned to my computer and noticed the smell
> seemed to come from the LED lamp.
>
> I felt the battery and it was very hot.
>
> I told my wife, who was also investigating the smell
> that I found out what was causing it,
> and she took the lamp,
> and immediately took it to the basement parking
> where the trash dumpster is located.
>
> After a while my cough which had COMPLETELY gone away
> came back, and I realized that the smell
> had not only acted as an antitussive,
> it had acted as the BEST expectorant I ever experienced.
>
> Rather than a watery mucus,
> while I was experiencing the smell,
> I would occasionally, EASILY cough up
> a soft lump of mucus
>
> SO....
> I immediately rushed to the dumpster to retrieve
> the lamp so I could check it out.
>
> Unfortunately, they had already emptied the dumpsters,
> so it appears that I will have to buy a similar lamp,
> wait until it malfunctions,
> and I have a cough;
>
> before I can make medical history.
>
> I am posting this with the hope
> that some medical researcher will do some research
> about how different "fumes" <?> act on the lungs and trachea
> and can act to eliminate a cough
> and to clear the lungs.
>
> Perhaps hanson who is a chemical expert
> can provide information about the effects
> of various fumes on the lungs.
>
> --
> Tom Potter
> http://the-cloud-machine.tk
> http://tiny.im/390k

hanson wrote:
hanson wrote: ahahaha.. "expert-shmexpert", the kikes would
say. But generally, Tom, what you experienced by your "burnt
battery" smell is known as the effect of "counter irritants" (CI)
(bing/goggle for it).

Your initial dry cough is the body's reaction to get rid of the
de-watered film of mucous in/on your respitory tract. The
dehydration has lots of causes, (viral, bacterial, chem, etc)

Cough is the body's first defense but it may not be sufficient
to bring about relief. Only when you irritate the tissue more
with some other agent aka a "counter irritant" then the body
tissue reacts more vigorously by re-hydrating the film to the
consistency of a "loogie" that can be coughed out.

A cheap and effective way to bring about such relief
is to eat some snacks that you have sprinkled very heavily
with Red & Black ground Pepper. The Capsaicin and the
Piperine are the active CI chemicals in it.
Effective old German remedies are the "Schnupf taback"

The modern Medico-pharmaceutical complex has products
like "Promethazine V/C with Codeine & Phenylephedrine"
for said purposes.

Tom, at your age don't dismiss respitory problems. They
are one of the leading causes for death in old fogy's.

Subject 2: "to illuminate my keyboard." If you need that it
may indicate that you have "cataracts" aka "sun-lasses"
built into your eyeball lenses. So, to make the keyboard
keys more easily readable install the font "keystroke", then
print out which you want/need, cut them out of the paper,
back'em with "double sided" Scotch tape and stick these
white, large Letter/# tabs onto the respective keyboard keys
... or buy such decals... or buy a "glowing" keyboard... etc.

Take care, Tom,
hanson