Topic: I almost made a great medical discovery today!
Replies: 12   Last Post: Apr 3, 2013 1:30 PM

hanson

Re: I almost made a great medical discovery today!

"Tom Potter" <tdp1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "hanson" <hanson@quick.net> wrote in message

>> "Tom Potter" <tdp1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>I have had a nagging cough for a few days.
>>>
>>> Today, while surfing the net,
>>> I used an LED lamp similar to the one shown
>>> at the URL below,
>>> to illuminate my keyboard.
>>>
>>> http://cloud6.lbox.me/images/384x384/201209/1-5w-24-led-fold-eyeshield-reading-table-desk-lamp-green-220v_pmutss1348134888870.jpg
>>>
>>> The lamp has a battery that recharges when it is
>>> plugged into the A.C. line.
>>>
>>> As I was surfing,
>>> I became aware of a chemical/electronic smell,
>>> and checked out my computer, monitor,
>>> opened the window to see if the smell came from the outside,
>>> then checked out the entire house.
>>>
>>> I then returned to my computer and noticed the smell
>>> seemed to come from the LED lamp.
>>>
>>> I felt the battery and it was very hot.
>>>
>>> I told my wife, who was also investigating the smell
>>> that I found out what was causing it,
>>> and she took the lamp,
>>> and immediately took it to the basement parking
>>> where the trash dumpster is located.
>>>
>>> After a while my cough which had COMPLETELY gone away
>>> came back, and I realized that the smell
>>> had not only acted as an antitussive,
>>> it had acted as the BEST expectorant I ever experienced.
>>>
>>> Rather than a watery mucus,
>>> while I was experiencing the smell,
>>> I would occasionally, EASILY cough up
>>> a soft lump of mucus
>>>
>>> SO....
>>> I immediately rushed to the dumpster to retrieve
>>> the lamp so I could check it out.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, they had already emptied the dumpsters,
>>> so it appears that I will have to buy a similar lamp,
>>> wait until it malfunctions,
>>> and I have a cough;
>>>
>>> before I can make medical history.
>>>
>>> I am posting this with the hope
>>> that some medical researcher will do some research
>>> about how different "fumes" <?> act on the lungs and trachea
>>> and can act to eliminate a cough
>>> and to clear the lungs.
>>>
>>> Perhaps hanson who is a chemical expert
>>> can provide information about the effects
>>> of various fumes on the lungs.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Tom Potter
>>> http://the-cloud-machine.tk
>>> http://tiny.im/390k
>>>

>> hanson wrote:
>> hanson wrote: ahahaha.. "expert-shmexpert", the kikes would
>> say. But generally, Tom, what you experienced by your "burnt
>> battery" smell is known as the effect of "counter irritants" (CI)
>> (bing/goggle for it).

>> Your initial dry cough is the body's reaction to get rid of the
>> de-watered film of mucous in/on your respitory tract. The
>> dehydration has lots of causes, (viral, bacterial, chem, etc)

>> Cough is the body's first defense but it may not be sufficient
>> to bring about relief. Only when you irritate the tissue more
>> with some other agent aka a "counter irritant" then the body
>> tissue reacts more vigorously by re-hydrating the film to the
> [...]

hanson wrote:
Tom, the problems you experienced with the
Lithium battery maybe the same that plagued
in the Boeing 757 Dream Liner debacle that
recently grounded that entire fleet.