From: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Brimar5
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:17 AM
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Subject: Re: Field Memo on Transition to Common Core Regents Exams and Updated June 20...

Students are not required to take both Algebra Regents.
Students starting Algebra in Fall 2013 (their commencement year) must sit for the CCLS assessment June 2014 and may, also, at their district's discretion sit for the
2005 standard based exam later in June 2014.

Also as referenced in the previous email NYSED pegs Rating Day as its target for releasing the conversion scale. Correct me if I'm wrong but since these are "new" assessments they may be "scored" outside the districts so a conversion scale can be based on state wide or consortium wide grades. Remember the change over from Math A & B to our current IA, Geometry and A2T?

Kate Martin-Bridge
AMTNYS, HS Level Rep

From: Ken Wagner <KWAGNER@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: March 29, 2013, 11:52:18 AM EDT
To: Charter Administrators <charter@listserv.nysed.gov>, District
Superintendents <distsup@listserv.nysed.gov>, Nonpublic
Administrators <nonpublic@listserv.nysed.gov>, Public Administrators
<pubadmin@listserv.nysed.gov>, School Superintendents
<supt-info@listserv.nysed.gov>
Cc: Ken Slentz <KSLENTZ@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Subject: Field Memo on Transition to Common Core Regents Exams and
Updated June 2014 Regents Exam Schedule

Colleagues,

The attached memo provides information on the transition to Common
Core Regents Exams in English Language Arts (ELA) and in
mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II).

Please note that the June 2014 Regents Exam schedule has been
updated based on field feedback.

Because the first administrations of the Common Core exams in
Geometry and Algebra II have been postponed until June 2015 and
June 2016, respectively, the June 2014 exam schedule has been
amended such that the Regents Examination in Algebra I (Common
Core) will be administered on the morning of June 3, the Regents
Examination in ELA (Common Core) will be administered on the afternoon of June 3, and no exams will be administered on June 4, as had originally been planned.

We will re-send the memo the week of April 8 for those who may have
missed it during school vacations.

Thank you for your help with this work,

Ken

*