Topic: help in genetic algorithm
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 8, 2013 4:27 PM

mado

Re: help in genetic algorithm

Alan_Weiss <aweiss@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kjudjf$r7m$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> On 4/8/2013 7:02 AM, mado wrote:
> > i want to ask about genetic algorithm , i am using it to tune pid
> > parameters but it gives different p, i d values in every running and
> > it?s not satisfying , need your help
> > i don't know is this problem of ga parameters or it's the objective
> > function

> The genetic algorithm is stochastic, it often gives different results
> every time.
>
> Allow me to suggest that you use patternsearch instead of ga as your
> solver. It is usually faster, more robust, and easier to tune. The only
> down side is you need to supply initial points. If you have finite upper
> and lower bounds, you can try
>
> x0 = lb + rand(size(lb)).*(ub - lb);
>
> Good luck,

I need to try ga , i increased generations but don't affect my problem is the values is small i need it to be bigger and it should be to minimize error being small that mean there is a big error between reference and output value