Topic: ode45 mass spring damper solution
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 9, 2013 4:32 AM

Loren Shure

Re: ode45 mass spring damper solution

"Mark Rossi" <mr3bn@virginia.edu> wrote in message
> Having a lot of trouble understanding how matlab solves second-order
> ODE's. I have a relatively simple mass spring damper problem, but for the
> life of me I can't wrap my head around what .m files to write. Any help
> would be appreciated.

Here's the mass-spring system worked out in detail. You should be able to
go from there.

http://blogs.mathworks.com/loren/2010/03/25/solving-ordinary-differential-equations/

--
--Loren