Topic: Crank approaches to transcendence
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 13, 2013 9:59 PM

Paul

Re: Crank approaches to transcendence

On Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:27:14 PM UTC+1, quasi wrote:
> pepstein5 wrote:
>

> >I have found very few crank transcendence proofs. Are they rare,
>
> >or am I just looking in the wrong places?
>

> Strange that you would spend time looking.
>

> Why would you care?

There was a book published called "Mathematical Cranks" so I can't be the only one who's interested in such things.

I just wanted a break from Baby Rudin. I'm half way through chapter 8 which isn't bad considering I'm working a 48 hour week (working for a corporation) and just read it in my spare time.

Paul