Topic: Transformation
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 21, 2013 1:07 PM

Mike Terry

Re: Transformation

"salonowiec" <debrza@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
>Years ago I was busy with solving "Soddy Circles" - circles tangent to
three given ones. I used some kind of operation that transformed: circle to
circle or circle to a straight line or straight line to circle etc. Can
anybody remind what this transformation was? Thank you...

Perhaps Mobius transformations of the complex plane?

These are maps from C to C of the form:

z --> (az + b) / (cz + d)

for complex constants a,b,c,d, where ad != bc. They all map lines and
circles to lines and circles.

Regards,
Mike.