Topic: How to Plot 3 dimensional data in Matlab
Replies: 3   Last Post: May 5, 2013 8:10 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: How to Plot 3 dimensional data in Matlab

On 5/5/2013 1:33 AM, Pavan wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am very very new to MATLAB from Computer Science and its
>really irritating me as I dont know the function names which to use
>to get a functionality done. Kindly help me if anyone can.
>
> I have a 3X3 or 4X4 or 5X5 matrices which each row corresponds to a
>point in the respective dimension. i.e . a row in a 3X3 matrix corresponds
>to x axes ,y axes and z axes co ordinates. What I need to see is that atleast
>in 3-d I should be able to plot my data and visualize in a graph as I can do
>it in 2-d. I should be able to point all the points in the matrix of 3X3
>and see the separability between two 3X3 matrices visually.
>I am really working on this past one day and Cannot figure this out.
>Seems it should be simple to me but dont know how to do.. Kindly help me out.

A = rand(3,5); %5 points in 3D space
plot3(A(1,:),A(2,:),A(3,:),'ro')

%ps. do not know how to draw in higher space dimensions than 3
%not enough dimensions on the computer screen to do it.

--Nasser