Topic: xlsx
Replies: 3   Last Post: May 6, 2013 1:49 PM

Jessica

Re: xlsx

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <km8cj4$egm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Jessica " <jyorzinski@ucdavis.edu> wrote in message

> > I am trying to import a xlsx file into R2010a. However, I get the error:
> >
> > [A,B,C]=xlsread('04-11-13.xlsx');
> >
> > File is not in recognized format.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to get around this?

> The Release Notes for release R2012a include this item:
>
> "The xlsread function now reads data from XLSX files on all platforms,
> including support for specifying the range and worksheet number. Previously,
> this functionality was available only on Microsoft Windows systems with
> Excel software."
>
> If you are trying to read in your xlsx file on a non-Windows system, or on a
> Windows system that did not have a version of Microsoft Excel that can read
> XLSX files installed, it will not work because your release of MATLAB
> predates that functionality.
>
> I can think of three potential solutions:
>
> 1) Open the file in a version of Microsoft Excel that supports XLSX files
> and save it in the XLS format.
> 2) Install a version of Microsoft Excel that supports XLSX files on the
> machine where you're running MATLAB.
> 3) Upgrade to release R2012a or later.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

I am running the software on a Mac. I can't save as xls because it truncates the file at about 16000 rows. My machine currently has excel and it saves/opens xlsx files. Thus, option 2 seems best except that I already have this setup and the file doesn't open in matlab.

Date Subject Author
5/6/13
Read Re: xlsx
Steven Lord