The Math Forum

Topic: NOW...RTW woes with Windows98???!!!
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 20, 1998 4:57 PM

Carl Taswell

Re: NOW...RTW woes with Windows98???!!!

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998 10:29:08 -0500, Troy Savoie
<> wrote:

>Does Windows 98 support both FAT32 and FAT16, like Windows 95 OSR2? If
>so, you could put 98 and NT on the same FAT16 partition. The tradeoff
>with this method would be only one copy of each application versus less
>efficient use of the hard disk and decreased security.

This is in fact what I've decided to do and it does work. In the same
FAT16 (aka FAT) partition on the boot drive, in one directory called
windows I have Win 98, and in another directory called winnt I have
Win NT. I can dual boot without problems using shared applications and
data as long as they are installed on a FAT16 drive. MathWorks MATLAB
GUIs with MATLAB 5.2.1 work fine under Win NT 4.0 but lock up under
Win 98 if there are checkboxes in the GUI.