Topic: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Replies: 17   Last Post: May 23, 2013 4:47 PM

Phil Carmody

Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs

Aatu Koskensilta <aatu.koskensilta@uta.fi> writes:
> dullrich@sprynet.com writes:
> > Some years ago there was something in Scientific American about
> > the difficulty of factoring large primes.

> I once read it somewhere that factoring large primes is what is known
> as an NP ("Non-Polynomial") complete problem.

My recollection is that it was Bill Gate in /The Road Ahead/ who
first mentioned how important an advance it would be if we could
factor large primes.

Phil
--
"In a world of magnets and miracles"
-- Insane Clown Posse, Miracles, 2009. Much derided.