Topic: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Replies: 17   Last Post: May 25, 2013 10:09 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs

On May 25, 1:07 pm, "Tucsond...@me.com" <tucsond...@me.com> wrote:
> > > The result says there are an infinite number of consecutive
>
> > > primes p(n) and p(n+1), such that p(n+1) - p(n) < 70,000,000.
>
> > > Two primes are "consecutive" when there are no primes in between
>
> > > those primes.
>
> > No it doesn't.  We just proved an arbitrary size succession
>
> > of composites 10 posts ago!
>
> > n!-n .. n!-2
>
> But you never proved that any gap occurs I finely many times.

FOR ALL N

There is nothing consecutive going on, not in this newsgroup.

Herc

Date Subject Author
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Aatu Koskensilta
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Graham Cooper
5/24/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
David Bernier
Tucsondrew@me.com
[...]
5/25/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
David Bernier
5/25/13
Read Re: First Proof That Infinitely Many Prime Numbers Come in Pairs
Richard Tobin
5/25/13