Topic: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the input
Replies: 15   Last Post: Mar 12, 2014 12:30 PM

Derek Goring

Re: How to run exe. file from matlab without mannually entering the input

On Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:45:08 PM UTC+12, Mehdi wrote:
> Sorry I just saw your reply.
>
> Can you please elaborate on ControlFile.ctl and what you meant by keystrokes?
>
> What the exe file asks for upon opening is the path of the text file that it reads (where it is saved). In other words, it doesn't ask for variables or parameters.
>
> I'm really desperate. Thank you again for your continued help.
>

> TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <9fcfced4-d118-49e0-bc91-b1b50242d969@googlegroups.com>...

> > > If it uses standard input, you should be able to use command line
>

> > > redirection as part of the command string you submit...
>

> > > --
>

> > In other words, do this:
>
> > system('MyProgram.exe < ControlFile.ctl');
>
> > The "<" tells DOS to use that file, not input from keyboard.
>
> > ControlFile.ctl must contain all the keystrokes that you would use to enter the parameters from the keyboard.

Don't top post.
It makes the thread hard to follow.
Put your reply UNDERNEATH.

You say the program doesn't ask for variables or parameters, but for the path of the text file. Well, that IS the parameter, so your ControlFile.ctl must contain one line that looks like this:
c:\MyData\data.txt

And if it then asks for the number of data and the name of the output file, your ControlFile.ctl would look like this:
c:\MyData\data.txt
1000
c:\MyData\output.txt

That's what I mean by the keystrokes. You must put in the .ctl file all the keystrokes you would enter if you were running it from DOS.
I'm afraid I cannot explain it any simpler than that.