Topic: photon phase
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jun 17, 2013 8:55 PM

Tom Potter

Re: photon phase

"Tom Potter" <tdp1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> On 6/14/13 8:40 AM, Tom Potter wrote:
>>> A "photon" is an EVENT whereby a SPECIFIC wave length of an
>>> electromagnetic standing wave shifts one quarter wave length and
>>> causes electrons at both ends ( Source and sink.) to shift from one
>>> stable state to another.

>> (sigh)

> Hopefully my pal Sam Wormley can comprehend the following.
>
> A wave is a disturbance of a medium
> which transports energy through the medium
> without permanently transporting matter.
>
> The following URL models a standing wave
> in "stationary medium".
> < No energy transport.>
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Standing_wave.gif
>
> The following URL models an A.C. source
> driving a resistive load <sink>.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Transmission_line_animation.gif
> < Energy transport.>
>
> The following URL shows how a quarter wave stub
> can be used to MATCH IMPEDANCE so that energy
> is absorbed at the terminal point,
> rather than reflected.
>
> http://www.arcticpeak.com/images/antenne/diverse/Quarterwavestub.jpg
>
> The maximum energy is transfered from a source to a sink
> when the impedance matches.
>
> If the impedance does not match,
> some or all of the energy is reflected back toward the source.
>
> --
> Tom Potter

The following animation
shows how energy
is transported through a medium
( Sea of standing waves.)

without permanently transporting matter.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e8/Newtons_cradle_animation_book.gif/250px-Newtons_cradle_animation_book.gif

--
Tom Potter

http://the-cloud-machine.tk