Topic: Algebra 2/Trig, it's not adding up
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 18, 2013 2:35 PM

Re: Algebra 2/Trig, it's not adding up
att1.html (3.4 K)

I agree!

From: Eric Reisert <ereisert@babylonufsd.org>
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Date: 06/18/2013 08:09 AM
Subject: Algebra 2/Trig, it's not adding up
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org

I agree with all the excellent points posted on tricky and laborious Part
I's with vague directions for Part IV. I question the number of
multi-layered mc questions (10,14, 15,19,22,23,26). We usually get about
half that on previous Regents. This can impact the average student's
performance on the free response.

3-4 questions involved Law of Sines? 3 sequence questions? This test
lacks balance. If your student teacher gave you this test to look over,
wouldn't you send it back for corrections?

This year's conversion is: 67=85, 56=75, 46=65, but for June 2010 clearly
an easier test: 65=85, 55=75, 46=65. The math is not adding up. If test
design and scoring is not cleared up this test will completely lose its
relevancy as a means to assess our students before it's phased out.

Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 03JNM9qq1) is spam:

Not spam:

Forget vote: