Topic: Recommend differential equations books for engineers
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jun 26, 2013 1:12 AM

amzoti

Re: Recommend differential equations books for engineers

On Monday, June 24, 2013 12:13:18 AM UTC-7, Terry C wrote:
> I'm looking for an intro book to get an intuitive feel for DE's. More
>
> engineer, less mathematician. More intuition, less meticulous rigor.
>

> How do the better known DE books from Boyce-DiPrima, Nagle-Saff, and
>
> Zill compare in that respect? Any standouts wrt graceful ramp-up and
>
> simplicity?

See the book by Tennenbaum and Pollard (just search through it and see if does the trick)

http://store.doverpublications.com/by-subject-science-and-mathematics-mathematics-differential-and-integral-equations.html

Another choice - look at the Schaum's Outlines.

Some of the books you mention above are very $$$$