Topic: textscan with precision random NaN
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jun 24, 2013 12:01 PM

Curious

Re: textscan with precision random NaN

"Nathaniel" wrote in message <kq9lo8$oja$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I am reading in a set of data using the textscan function. This was working perfectly ... until I added precision. Now it reads in all the data correctly, but also reads in NaN values between some of the lines. So, if the data were:
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
>
> it might be read in as
>
> 1
> 2
> 3
> NaN
> 4
> NaN
> 5
>
> Still investigating if there is a pattern in the NaN placement, but does anyone have any leads? Thank you for your time.

Based on the information you provided, its going to take a lot of guessing to give you any kind of an answer.

Can you provide sniplets of your code befor and after?
What does the input data look like?
How did you "add precision" to textscan?