Topic: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Peter Percival

Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols

apoorv wrote:

> [...] So, between two ordinals alpha and beta
> Finitely definable, ( example w and c) are ordinals that cannot be finitely definable.

Your notation puzzles me. w is omega, but what is c? It is usually the
cardinal of the reals. Do you mean omega_1?

--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant