Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

Albert D. Rich

From: Hawaii Island

On Monday, July 22, 2013 11:53:11 AM UTC-10, da...@axiom-developer.org wrote:

> On Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:04:31 PM UTC-4, Albert Rich wrote:

>> Sorry, I don't want to wade through megabytes of raw Axiom test results. What I, and I think others, want to know is what percentage of the problems did Axiom get the optimal antiderivative, what percentage did it get valid but non-optimal antiderivatives, and what percentage is it unable to integrate.

> Perfectly reasonable. However, it takes a while to create and process
> 40,000+ integrals. I'll make a second pass when I have created the test
> suite to evaluate the results. So far it takes about 3-4 days to create
> one of the test suites and you appear to have posted 80 files. The raw
> numbers you seek probably won't exist until the end of the year at this
> rate.
>
> Rather than the raw numbers I'm more interested in the classes of problems
> that Axiom does not handle. My long term plan for this test suite is to
> use your patterns to form these classes and then use your patterns to write
> pattern-based integration routines to handle them.

Glad to hear Rubi and its test-suite will be of use in your efforts to improve Axiom's symbolic integrator. Since you have apparently written a program to run the test-suite, seems like extending it to compare the results with the optimal antiderivatives and assign a grade should be relatively easy...

Albert

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org