Topic: Effect of initial point on results when using Isqcurvefit function
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 6, 2013 8:42 AM

Alan Weiss

Re: Effect of initial point on results when using Isqcurvefit function

On 8/6/2013 5:48 AM, lokesh wrote:
> I am using Isqcurvefit function in matlab. Whenever I change initial
> value that I pass to the solver, my final result is changing(i.e.
> constant parameters in resulting function). How to solve this problem?

Perhaps your problem has many local minima.
http://www.mathworks.com/help/optim/ug/when-the-solver-succeeds.html#brhkghv-65

Or perhaps your problem is extremely sensitive. You can try adjusting
some tolerances, such as TolX and TolFun.
http://www.mathworks.com/help/optim/ug/tolerances-and-stopping-criteria.html

Or perhaps your problem is not formulated correctly. It is hard to know.

Alan Weiss