Topic: Effect of initial point on results when using Isqcurvefit function
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 6, 2013 8:42 AM

Alan Weiss

Re: Effect of initial point on results when using Isqcurvefit function

On 8/6/2013 5:48 AM, lokesh wrote:
> I am using Isqcurvefit function in matlab. Whenever I change initial
> value that I pass to the solver, my final result is changing(i.e.
> constant parameters in resulting function). How to solve this problem?

Perhaps your problem has many local minima.

Or perhaps your problem is extremely sensitive. You can try adjusting
some tolerances, such as TolX and TolFun.

Or perhaps your problem is not formulated correctly. It is hard to know.

Alan Weiss