Topic: Confessions of a CERN summer student
Replies: 3   Last Post: Aug 13, 2013 1:05 AM

Tom Potter

Re: Confessions of a CERN summer student

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 8/12/13 9:01 PM, Tom Potter wrote:
>> "Sam Wormley"<swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Sams URL captures the essence of
>> that part of the physics establishment
>> that is on the public dole.

> I dare say, Potter, those young bright scientists work harder than you
> ever did in your whole life.

If playing at the expense of one's parents
and the taxpayers
can be defined as "work",
you would have a point,

but if working for four Fortune 500 companies,
[ Philco/Ford, Burroughs, Bendix, Hewlett-Packard],

teaching at the military school, high school, college and seminar levels,
and owning and operating some of the first
personal computer operations
is work,

the point is on your head.

No doubt the pursuit of pleasure like
"parties in the Pump Room",
"loud techno music, strobe-lighting, cheap booze",
"dancing topless on a table",
being "Village people wannabees",
being "entertained <at> The Montreax Jazz Festival
<and> loads of smaller festivals close by
which students come back from looking bleary-eyed on a Monday morning.".
and "hopping on a bus to the French Alps
to tackle some high peaks including Mont Blanc.
<and> white water rafting, bungee jumping and downhill mountain biking".
etc.
has its' place,

but I suggest that the taxpayers should not have to
pay for this kind of "work",

nor should the taxpayers have to pay for
expensive trips all over the world
by "scientists" that never make a contribution to mankind.

In my travels, I have met many REAL "scientists"
[ Most working in the private sector.]
who worked hard to make the world a better place,

but none of them wasted their time and energy
and the taxpayer's money,

frolicking and playing.

Scientists in training at the taxpayer's expense!
http://www.quantumdiaries.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ymca-1bc058-300x221.jpg
http://www.quantumdiaries.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Zombie.jpg

--
Tom Potter