Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 23, 2013 6:07 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
att1.html (5.9 K)

On Aug 23, 2013, at 1:57 PM, Richard Strausz <Richard.Strausz@farmington.k12.mi.us> wrote:

> Bob, note that I address these to teachers.
>
> For me things like this are great: I can find ideas that I can drop in (or not) into my teaching where they fit. I don't see why this is a bad thing. It's just not what fits your style.

For you they are great because what you call teaching isn't what the rest of us committed to teaching call teaching. And when I say committed I don't mean committed to a personal cause, a political belief, a religion, a pay check or one's own angst. I mean committed to their students and making them as smart as yourself. They fail, you fail. That type of commitment.

> Why is a vignette that efficiently helps learning topic X a bad thing?

It has to do with the art of teaching and development.

> That's okay; don't use them. I don't mean this negatively at all.

It's actually quite positive that I do not have to resort to gimmicks and vignettes when I teach.

There are two kinds of teachers Richard, those who are simply born to it, and those who google the internet for ideas.

Guess which one I am.

Bob Hansen