Topic: computation time of function lsqnonlin
Replies: 12   Last Post: Sep 17, 2013 5:24 PM

EBS

Re: computation time of function lsqnonlin

"Toan Cao" <toancv3010@gmail.com> wrote in message <l11tt6$c0q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> > What about the profiler report? Can you post the profiler report for top 10 self-time for functions and how many times they are called?

> Hi Rakesh,
> Here my profiler when i run two optimization processes, where testCM is m-file storing program of optimization, the object function in m-file is MydeformfuncSub7Ext, and in C mex file is MydeformfuncSub7ExtC.
> Profiler of optimzation using m-file:
> http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac264/toancv3010/Mtime_zps92ae907a.jpg
> Profiler of optimzation using C mexfile:
> http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac264/toancv3010/Ctime_zpsbbbc5fb3.jpg
> As seen, subfunction LevenbergMarquardt consumes almost time of optimization process.
> Is there any solution to reduce computation time for LevenbergMarquardt ?
>
> Toan

Can you post some more images from clicking on the Profiler report for the LevenbergMarquardt.m function, and its slowest lines/function calls/etc? Maybe there is a way to speed it up.