Topic: How long are your classes?
Replies: 22   Last Post: Oct 1, 2013 2:16 PM

JFish@csufsd.org

Re: How long are your classes?
att1.html (3.9 K)

Steve;

Our classes are 44 minutes each. We used to be on an 80 minute block but
after 4 years of suffering, we convinced the admin that math needs to be
every day.

Sincerely,

James Fish

Mathematics Department
JFK High School
305 Cayuga Creek Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
(716)897-7800 ext. 1120

"We the willing, led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much for so long, with so
little, we are now qualified to do anything
with nothing."

......Mother Theresa of Calcutta

From: Steven Fenton <sfenton@uvstorm.org>
To: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Date: 09/24/2013 01:08 PM
Subject: How long are your classes?
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org

I would like to do a brief survey - if you could reply to this message
letting me know how long are your individual classes. My school is the
midst of decreasing our classes to 39 minutes in the next couple of weeks.
I remember our classes in the past being as long as 45 minutes, but as the
years pass each administration is putting something more into our
schedules decreasing instructional time ( for instance my school has a 40
minute lunch - 20 minutes to eat and then 20 minutes free time in the
gym). With common core module lessons being a stated 45 minutes in length
- how are schools with less time handling not being able to cover all
topics? Thank you for your input.
*

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 0lKt58yvz) is spam:
Spam:
http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0lKt58yvz&m=18aeb2943d9e&t=20130924&c=s

Not spam:
http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=0lKt58yvz&m=18aeb2943d9e&t=20130924&c=n