Topic: plot3
Replies: 4   Last Post: Sep 25, 2013 7:44 PM

Steven Lord

Re: plot3

"matlab " <keep_smiling2100@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> "matlab " <keep_smiling2100@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> <l1t72f$ad5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

>> I have a result R which value depends of 3 variables a, b and c.
>> R=[70 65 89 45 94]
>> a=[0 0.25 0.5 0.75 1]
>> b=[0 0.25 0.5 0.75 1]
>> c=[0 0.25 0.5 0.75 1]
>>
>> R=89 for a=0.5 b=0.5 and c= 0.5
>>
>> I want to plot the change in R with regards to these 3 variables. How can
>> i do it?
>> From the help of plot3, i couldn't understand how to do it.
>> it states that i have to put plot3(x,y,z) so in my case that would be
>> plot3(a,b,c) but that would consider that the value of R is equal to 1 .
>>
>> Thanks for your time

> I saw that scatter3 can change the color the represent the 4th variable(R
> in my case), however i want to see the value of R in the figure so the
> color change won't be enough

First, get a 4-D monitor. Once you've done that, come back and ask again.

The best I think you're going to be able to do is to use SCATTER3 with R
representing the color and/or marker size. Perhaps using a LEGEND or a
COLORBAR will count as letting you "see the value of R in the figure"?

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com

Date Subject Author