Topic: Changing voxel dimesions to create a matrix
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 25, 2013 10:07 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Changing voxel dimesions to create a matrix

"Marcos Belmonte" <marcosbelm@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I need to create an anisotropic matrix, with axes relations
> 0.4:0.4:1(z axis), how could I change the voxel size or take into account
> that my voxels are prisms insted of cubes, when I create a matrix?

Matrices in MATLAB are rectangular, and arrays are hyperrectangular; you
can't have matrices whose rows have different number of elements or anything
like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperrectangle

If you want to _visualize_ your matrix such that the elements are not the
same size, that's possible.

>> [x, y] = meshgrid(-2:0.1:2);
>> figure; surf(x, y, ones(size(x)))
>> figure; surf(x.*abs(x), y, ones(size(x)))
>> figure; surf(x.*abs(x), y.*abs(y), ones(size(x)))

You can even make nonrectangular elements.

>> [x, y] = meshgrid(-2:2);
>> x(2, 2) = -1.5;
>> y(2, 2) = -1.5;
>> surf(x, y, ones(size(x)))
>> view(2)

For elements that are not 4-sided, you'd need to go to PATCH rather than
SURF or MESH.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com