Topic: Quantity
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 26, 2013 3:45 AM

Sseziwa Mukasa

Re: Quantity

The question now being asked:

> Is there a method to create a list of unit strings
> known to the kernel, i.e., those that would not involve a query
> to Wolfram Alpha?

is a little different than the original question, which was what are the possible units. I don't think it's too difficult although perhaps tedious to answer the new question: download the list from NIST, turn off the computer's internet connection, restart Mathematica (to clear any cached values, otherwise I'm not so sure how to do that) and then test whether Mathematica understands all the units from the NIST list.