Topic: Connection between J.A.Robinson's 1965 paper and Prolog
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 28, 2013 4:43 PM

Mok-Kong Shen

Re: Connection between J.A.Robinson's 1965 paper and Prolog

Am 26.09.2013 23:16, schrieb Aaron Gray:
> I am wondering if anyone knows the "causal connection route" between J.A. Robinsons paper "A Machine-Oriented Logic Based on the Resolution Principle" and the development of the Prolog programming language. What other papers and languages are involved in prolongs development.
>
> http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=321253

Robinson's paper is certainly at the base of the language, but
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolog says:
"The language was first conceived by a group around Alain Colmerauer in
Marseille, France, in the early 1970s and the first Prolog system was
developed in 1972 by Colmerauer with Philippe Roussel."