Topic: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Replies: 19   Last Post: Oct 22, 2013 5:13 PM

Derek Goring

Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 9:31:30 AM UTC+13, dpb wrote:
> On 10/2/2013 3:22 PM, dpb wrote:

> > Again, file the enhancement request...unfortunately as previously noted
>
> > I harped on this years ago and it never received a lick of attention. My
>
> > license support lapsed and at that point TMW wouldn't even accept
>
> > offered bug reports so I gave up the crusade to simply harranguing here
>
> > in cs-sm when the subject arises (as it doesn't quite regularly).

> That, of course, should be "as it DOES quite regularly"... :(
>

> --

Oh, dpb!
You remind me of Don Quixote tilting at windmills.
TMW is never going to change this.
We must adapt.

In practice, what I do is write a Fortran program that I run outside Matlab to re-write the file in a format Matlab will accept.
If mex worked with gfortran, I'd do it within Matlab.
Alternatively, you can import the file into Excel with fixed format and write it out as .csv or .xls.

Date Subject Author
10/2/13
Read textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Norbert Marwan
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Norbert Marwan
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Derek Goring
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/3/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Norbert Marwan
10/3/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Norbert Marwan
10/2/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/3/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
Norbert Marwan
10/3/13
Read Re: textread/textscan not reading formatted text with whitespace
dpb
10/22/13