Topic: How to remove variable number of rows in each column of a matrix
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 3, 2013 1:14 AM

Bruno Luong

Re: How to remove variable number of rows in each column of a matrix

bijan.mobasseri@gmail.com wrote in message <211f42c1-8ebc-4716-bf45-35fd3cbb0e18@googlegroups.com>...
> Say I have a 1000x10 matrix. The top of the matrix contains noisy data that I want to cut out. From column one I'd like to remove 10 values, from column 2, 15 values, from column 3, 8 values etc. After each column is reduced, I will keep the next 500 entries. So the end matrix will be 500x10. Right now I am doing it one column at a time which I have to put back together. Very tedious.

% Dummy data for test
A=rand(1000,10);
idxstart=[10 15 8 7 29 14 1 72 4 4]; % index of the start row for each column

[m n]=size(A);
B = A(bsxfun(@plus, (0:n-1)*m + idxstart, (0:499)'));

% Bruno