Topic: How to show 1+2+3+ ... = -1/12 using
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 24, 2014 4:18 AM

Andrzej Kozlowski

Re: How to show 1+2+3+ ... = -1/12 using

No, you are as wrong as wrong can be.

This is 100% rigorous mathematics and not even new, in fact the standard text on this was written more than 60 years ago. You can even read a few pages here:

http://www.amazon.com/Divergent-Series-AMS-Chelsea-Publishing/dp/0821826492

Have you never heard of Ceasro, Abel, Ramanujan etc. and and last but not least G.H. Hardy? Do you think they were physicists particularly in hardy's case than would be quite funny. Have you heard of A mathematicians apology?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._H._Hardy

Andrzej Kozlowski