Topic: The explicate order
Replies: 20   Last Post: Feb 14, 2014 12:58 PM

Tom Potter

Re: The explicate order

"Odd Bodkin" <bodkinodd@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 2/13/2014 9:38 AM, Tom Potter wrote:
>> I don't understand
>> why "Michael Moroney" and Sam Wormley,
>> a couple of sci.physics regulars,
>>
>> get all bent out of shape because I share
>> some of my posts about physics
>> with my pals in alt.comp.freeware,
>>
>> and why they are so concerned about China,
>>
>> and why they dilute the intellectual value of PHYSICS threads
>> by misdirection and posting NONESENSE comments,
>> rather than addressing the PHYSICS issues
>> raised in the threads.
>>
>> Could someone explain this to me?

> Sure, Tom.
>
> The problem is presumptuousness on your part.
>
> You may have three interests -- physics, math, and software.
> However, that doesn't mean that the people in those different areas are
> interested in anything you might say on any one of the topics.
>
> You may also be interested in gardening. But if you posted something about
> your garden successes in a physics newsgroup, just because YOU are
> interested in both gardening and physics, then you would be correctly
> criticized for posting something OFF TOPIC in a physics group.
>
> Don't delude yourself that you're that interesting, or that something you
> might say in one subject would be of any service to anybody interested in
> a different subject.

As my Pappy used to say:
"Birds of the feather flock together."

Unlike dumb, irrational, uncivil people
who flock with people with similar hates and prejudices,

I like to flock with rational, intelligent, civil folks
with whom I share some common interest

and my pal "Odd Bodkin" likes to flock
with people like Sam Wormley and "Michael Moroney".

Different flocks for different birds.

--
Tom Potter
https://tdp1001.wiki.zoho.com/