Topic: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Replies: 27   Last Post: Mar 12, 2014 1:25 PM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space

On 3/10/2014 10:55 PM, Hlauk wrote:
> On Monday, March 10, 2014 11:53:15 PM UTC-4, Hlauk wrote:

>>> If I understand correctly, you are taking triplets of consecutive
>>

>>> primes from the sequence of prime numbers. You treat each
>>

>>> triplet as (x,y,z) coordinates of a point and find the triplet's
>>

>>> distance from (0,0,0). Perhaps you have the wrong distance
>>

>>> formula? Using dist((0,0,0),(x,y,z)) = sqrt(x^2+y^2+z^2),
>>

>>> triplet 97 101 103 is about 145.1 units from the origin.
>>

>>> Formula aside, dist((0,0,0),(x,y,z)) is at least as large as
>>

>>> max(x,y,z), so how could (97, 101, 103) possibly be as close
>>

>>> to the origin as 93 units ?
>>

>>> Among triplets of consecutive primes less than 100000 I don't
>>

>>> find any that are located an integer distance from the origin.
>>

>>> This is considering all triplets [ie, like (2,3,5), (3,5,7),
>>

>>> (5,7,11), etc] rather than just aligned triplets [ie, like
>>

>>> (2,3,5), (7,11,13), (17,19,23), etc].
>>

>>> --
>>

>>> jiw
>>

>> James,
>>

>> What triangulation distance back to the origin do you get from y = 101?
>>

>> My formula may be wrong?
>>

>> These are the next coordinates ---
>>

>> z=103, x=-107 , y = -109 , z = -113 ,...
>>

>> Cheers,
>>

>> Dan

> Here is the actual plot for the sequential primes starting with (2)
> and going to 101 for a total of 26 primes.
>
> 2 3 5 -5 -8 -8 12 11 15 -17 -20 -22 24 23 25 -29 -36
> -36 38 35 37 -41 -48 -52 56 53
>
> Beginning with (5) the triangulation back to the origin of x=0,y=0,z=0
> Starting @ prime point 5 and continuing 7,11,13.. gives each triangulation
> back to the origin. So skipping (2) and (3) because they are trivial we
> have ---
>
> (5) = 6.164413928985596..
> (7) = 7.681145668029785..
> (11) = 10.67707824707031..
> (13) = 12.36931705474854..
> (17) = 16.49242210388184..
> (19) = 18.13835716247559..
> (23) = 22.13594436645508..
> (29) = 25.19920539855957..
> (31) = 30.2324333190918..
> (37) = 34.24908828735352..
> (41) = 38.20994567871094..
> (43) = 39.86226272583008..
> (47) = 41.59326934814453..
> (53) = 44.66542434692383..
> (59) = 52.55473327636719..
> (61) = 58.5918083190918..
> (67) = 63.52952194213867..
> (71) = 62.96824645996094..
> (73) = 63.54525756835938..
> (79) = 65.38348388671875..
> (83) = 73.17103576660156..
> (89) = 81.78630828857422..
> (97) = 90.24411010742188..
> (101)= 93
>
> Could someone verify or discount these values for
> each position on the 3d grid back to the origin?
>
> If these values are wrong, please give the correct values
> of the triangulation for each prime starting with (5)
>
> TIA
>
> Dan

I hadn't heard of his new one but "Cheers Dan" I believe from his writings.

But, Dan, how can (101) be 93 even?

Date Subject Author
3/9/14
Read Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
JT
3/9/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
JT
3/9/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
JT
3/10/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Robin Chapman
3/10/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
JT
3/10/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
drhuang57@gmail.com
3/10/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Daniel Joyce
3/12/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
quasi
3/12/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Daniel Joyce
3/10/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
James Waldby
3/10/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Daniel Joyce
3/11/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
James Waldby
3/11/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Daniel Joyce
3/11/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Daniel Joyce
3/11/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Daniel Joyce
3/11/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Daniel Joyce
3/11/14
Read Re: Plotting axes and the dimensions using tiles in 2D space
Leon Aigret
3/11/14