Topic: A film about the man who invented the 20th Century
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 10:57 PM

Rock Brentwood

Re: A film about the man who invented the 20th Century

In article <270320140855164752%edgar@math.ohio-state.edu.invalid>, D.
Daniel Vujic <d.danielvujic@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. Daniel Vujic (writer-producer) here, please forgive the
> intrusion, this is a onetime email only!
>
> A new major feature film is in development about the man who gave the
> world light. The man who invented the 20th Century, a man you may not
> have heard of before

Everybody already knows who Tesla is (and he's got a car named after
him too). The subject header alone made it obvious who you were going
to be speaking of.

What may be more interesting is his 1926 interview in Colliers, which
was the same year Farnsworth did his thing with TV.

"When wireless is perfectly applied the whole earth will be converted
into a huge brain [...] We shall be able to communicate with one
another instantly, irrespective of distance.  Not only this, but
through television and telephony we shall see and hear one another as
perfectly as though we were face to face, despite intervening distances
of thousands of miles; and the instruments through which we shall be
able to do his will be amazingly simple compared with our present
telephone.  A man will be able to carry one in his vest pocket."

None of this would have occurred without the innovations made ... *not*
in the field of engineering, electronics, electromagnetism or
technology, but in the field of mathematics! Particularly with the
mathematics underlying the information theory, statistics, fourier
transforms and its generalizations to wavelets and coherent states.

Some of these innovations have even come back to haunt the older more
classical fields, as well as bringing light to those which are still
"stuck"; e.g. the application of wavelet analysis to Wilson's
renormalization group formalism to complete what Wilson had been trying
to devise with his method of analysis (i.e. multiresolution analysis
based on wavelet frames).

At this point in the interview, however, the background chorus started
to become ominous giving meaning to the interview's title

When Woman Is Boss
http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/1926-01-30.htm

as he went on (perhaps indirectly) to describe one of the chief
consequences of the emergence of this Hive Mind:

"This struggle of the human female toward sex equality will end in a
new sex order, with the female as superior... Woman will ignore
precedent and startle civilization with their progress [as] human
civilization draw closer and closer to the perfect civilization of the
bee. [...] The center of all bee life is the queen."

Notice how many people have got those blasted devices stuck on the
sides of their heads or in their hands as of the past few years, like
addicts?

Resistance is futile. You too will be assimilated.