Topic: Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Mar 28, 2014 3:30 AM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9420989):

> On Mar 27, 2014, at 5:33 PM, Joe Niederberger
> <niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > Is mind ultimately a machine?
>
> What else can it be?
>
> Bob Hansen

Well, 'mind' could be a 'system'. A 'system' is not a 'machine'. 'Mind' could also be more than a 'system'. We don't know yet much about it.

[We do seem to know a little about 'machines'. As we demonstrate every day, we know rather little about 'systems'. As to whether there are things that are different from 'systems', we simply do not know].

Whatever 'mind' may be, it does seem to deserve a little more in the way of 'thought' than we've expended on it thus far.

GSC