Topic: Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Replies: 1   Last Post: Mar 28, 2014 10:30 AM

kirby urner

att1.html (1.1 K)

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Joe Niederberger
<niederberger@comcast.net>wrote:

> Kirby says:
> >But neither of these insights ("the world is a machine", "the world is
> not a machine") would be about "how it is really" so much as "how it seems
> / feels to me" -- which is not to invalidate their importance.
>
> But I asked if you thought the mind was ultimately a machine.
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

And I had already said:

I think the word "machine" becomes too metaphoric to serve in any kind of
"literally true" proposition such as "the world is a machine".

Kirby