Topic: Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 10, 2014 9:54 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Apr 9, 2014 11:36 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9431359) - GSC's remarks interspersed:

> On Apr 9, 2014, at 1:29 PM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > (GSC): And if you retort that we Indians are to be
> >blamed
> >for what seems is about due to start happening, that
> >we should have been more 'careful', then I'd suggest
> >you have not got the point at all.
> >
> > Each single US citizen (man, woman and child), some
> >350 million of you at last count I understand,
> >consumes more than 26 Indians.

> (RH): A lot of people get this and aren?t breeding
> wildly.

Instead, they're 'consuming wildly' - and they don't 'get' the fact that such consumption is impossible to sustain.

For your kind information, I repeat:

Each single US citizen (man, woman and child) - some 350 million of you at last count I understand - consumes more than 26 Indians.

So do the math. Put up your famous 30-foot PERT Charts on all the walls and all the corridors of everywhere.

(Suggestion: 100-footers should do the trick, if 30-footers won't do it for you).

The 'environmental impact' of 350 million US citizens is around 7 times the impact of 1.2 Billion Indian citizens.

"SO LET'S CONSUME!"

200-foot PERT Charts will give us the right answers!

> Unfortunately, those least likely to get this or
> anything else of importance, are still breeding
> wildly.

And others are immersed in

"THE GOSPEL OF WILD CONSUMPTION".

And we'll ALL get everything of importance.

> While it isn?t the answer you want, nor is it
> the answer I want, I think a state of equilibrium
> will always ensue. Unfortunately, that state of
> equilibrium will involve conflict and famine.

Of course it will.

Equilibrium will surely look after us human beings in style, as we haven't troubled to learn how we should look after ourselves and 'our' earth.

> It
> won?t always be pretty. In some parts of the world it
> already exists and looks as more dystopian than even
> the most dystopian science fiction novel.

It sure won't be pretty. So, what's the answer?

"WE HUMANS ARE THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE! The God of the Bible has given us this earth as our plaything!!"

"LET'S CONSUME!"

> Case in point (although this *city* was eventually
> demolished)?
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2139914/A-rare
> -insight-Kowloon-Walled-City.html

Further case in point:

"NASA Study Concludes When Civilization Will End, And It's Not Looking Good for Us" - http://www.policymic.com/articles/85541/nasa-study-concludes-when-civilization-will-end-an

OR

"Nasa-funded study: industrial civilisation headed for 'irreversible collapse'?"
(Natural and social scientists develop new model of how 'perfect storm' of crises could unravel global system)
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/mar/14/nasa-civilisation-irreversible-collapse-study-scientists

(Apparently, it's human 'progress' on earth that is next in line for 'demolition').

So:

"ONWARDS AND UPWARDS WITH HUMANS AS THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!"

Actually, some of us have been suggesting this for decades (and much longer):

I repeat the 'leader' of the Guardian article:

"Natural and social scientists develop new model of how 'perfect storm' of crises could unravel global system"

You need only commonsense (and a little understanding of 'systems') to convince you that 'technology' alone cannot cure the ills that we human beings have wrought on earth.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy (added word "alone")