Topic: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Replies: 47   Last Post: Apr 19, 2014 1:58 PM

David Petry

Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:07:41 AM UTC-7, Bart Goddard wrote:

> >> And I proved that there were uncountably many
> >> strings of English words which make sense in the
> >> English language.

> ... here's an infinitely
> long sentence that makes perfect sense:

> "A binary expansion of 1 is zero point nine nine nine..."

Does there have to be a finite rule for generating the sentence in
order for it to make sense?

Date Subject Author
4/14/14
Read Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
David Petry
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Peter Percival
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
David Petry
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Peter Percival
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
David Petry
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Bart Goddard
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
David Petry
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Bart Goddard
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
David Petry
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Bart Goddard
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/16/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/16/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
David Petry
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Bart Goddard
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
David Petry
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Bart Goddard
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Jim Burns
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/14/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/15/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
4/16/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/16/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/17/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/17/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/17/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/18/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/18/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil
4/18/14
Read Re: Was Cantor an "anti-Cantorian" ?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
4/18/14
Read Re: Was WM an "anti-Cantorian" ?
Virgil