Topic: Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India

Robert Hansen posted Apr 10, 2014 8:41 PM (
http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9432040) - GSC's response follows:
> On Apr 10, 2014, at 10:57 AM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > The Indian people as a whole can NEVER achieve what
> > you term as the "American Dream" (at current or any
> > population level).
> >
> > Nor would I wish that on them. You are quite
> > unlikely to understand why I hold that sentiment, so
> > I shall state only that it has to do with the fact
> > that I'm aware that we (humans) "ARE NOT THE MASTERS

> Having a comfortable home, two cars, enough to eat, a
> safe neighborhood, a decent school, and the ability
> to shop, dine out, or see a show once in a while,
> this makes us masters of the universe?

It's your atttitude (not the things you possess) that makes for your desire to be the "MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!" (Not that you will succeed).
> You tell us then the standard of living you envision
> for people.

Kindly disabuse yourself of the notion that I'm about to jump to your command, Mr Hansen. You may well regard yourself as one of the "MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!" - but you're not my "MASTER", that's for sure.
> Also, why can?t the indian people never achieve this
> at any population level? Some seem to be achieving
> it.
> Bob Hansen

You're not capable of understanding why the Indian people as a whole will never achieve that "'American' Dream" (as you choose to term it) - and you're also incapable of understanding how and why a few of us Indians HAVE managed to achieve it.