Topic: Advanced Combinations
Replies: 14   Last Post: Jun 5, 2014 3:43 AM

quasi

Re: Advanced Combinations

Michael Harrington wrote:

>Anyhow if this 3x3x3 effort reaches a quadrillion or ten then
>it becomes huge... it quantitatively proves the theory that
>the growth increase per space size ratio and that with more
>complex equipment and specialized code it could be very
>possible to use my invention.
>
>One of the ummm, secrets of my system, is that since how to
>create the patterns can be organized in any manner wanted,
>which means we have X^X! possible methods to create it where
>X is the total possibilities within a given space. Given that,
>a 100x100x100 is, in my opinion, cryptographically uncrackable
> for eternity without the codes.

As has been demonstrated, the number of geometrically distinct
arrangements of legal objects to fill an (n)x(n)x(n) container
is huge for all but the smallest values of n, but I don't
follow the applications you've alluded to.

You've suggested that such arrangments might have use in data
compression and/or in cryptography. I don't get it.

quasi