Topic: 95% contains...nothing.
Replies: 39   Last Post: Jun 21, 2014 6:49 PM

The Starmaker

Re: 95% contains...nothing.

J. Clarke wrote:

> In article <kmo9q9tpjhe845o7ggjpt2et76cjdt9tut@4ax.com>, demi@moore.net
> says...

> > On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 18:18:45 -0700, The Starmaker
> > <starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> > >How do you put a percentage of stuff you know nothing about?

> > By doing the right calculations.

> To be more precise, if we assume that our understanding of graviation is
> correct and examine the behavior of other galaxies, we find that they
> have more mass than would be accounted for by their observed stars.
> Therefore there is something there that we are not directly observing.
> Observing our own galaxy doesn't shed any light on what it might be,
> hence it is some substance undetectable with any instrumentation
> available to us. Alternatively, our understanding of gravity is flawed.

> > >"Dark matter. I get asked what it is. And my best answer is we haven't a clue. We don't know what it is," Neil deGrasse Tyson
> > >

> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkBbBWitCCc

"hence it is some substance undetectable with any instrumentation"

"substance"????

Don't you mean...'something'?

Do you comprehend that substance and something are under the same caterogory of...things?

All things are made of atoms.

Atoms only make up 5% of the universe.

95 percent of the universe contains ....no things, Nothing....no substances.

Now, my understanding is.. you believe somewhere in that 95 percent there is...something.

Youwannachangethe95%to94or50%or10percent? Of what if not something?

Don't use the word "substance", because it falls under the category of 'something, and all somethings are made of atoms...including, "substances".

Simply put "substances" is made of matter and matter is made of atoms, and Atoms *only* make up 5% of the universe.

You've been reading to many science fictions boooks..even you handle sounds..SF

I bet you got a flying saucer in your garage...

Date Subject Author
6/7/14
Read 95% contains...nothing.
The Starmaker