Topic: What came first, zero or one?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jul 13, 2014 7:51 PM

The Starmaker

Re: What came first, zero or one?

C. E. Gee wrote:

> On Saturday, June 14, 2014 12:15:53 PM UTC-7, Lawrence Watt-Evans wrote:

> > > Historically, one came before zero.
> >

> > > There's evidence the Egyptians discovered zero somewhere around 1700 BCE.
> >

> > > And the Arabs came up with the concept about 800 A.D. (dates are approximate)
> >

> > They came up with it by swiping it from the Hindus, but whatever.

> > I'm serializing a new Ethshar novel!
> >
> > The twenty-second chapter is online at:
> >
> > http://www.ethshar.com/ishtascompanion22.html

> Interesting. I'll have to do some research on that. Contact between ancient Egypt and India is fascinating.
>
> C.E. Gee
>
> http://www.kinzuakid.blogspot.com

Is there a Zero o'clock?

People ask, "What came before the Beginning?" or "What came before the Big Bang?"

'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

Now, in order for God to create "the heavens and the earth" (and all things in it, including time)
He had to create it inside some sort of...natural enclosure.

So, what came before the beginning is....that natural enclosure...without time, without the heavens and the earth.

What you do is you get into the 'enclosure', and you create the heavens and the earth, and all the other stuff...in it.

It took an eternity.

The Starmaker