Topic: .dta files to matlab
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 1, 2014 9:15 AM

Barry Williams

Re: .dta files to matlab

"Will " <owill127@gmail.com> wrote in message <loh5o9$j0s$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I'm pretty new to matlab so hopefully there is a reasonably simple solution to this. I wrote a script to analyze some data that I have collected. The data comes from eChem Analyzer so it is a .dta file. Currently I need to open that in an excel spreadsheet and save it as a .xlsx. There are many files that I need to analyze so this is impractical. Ultimately I would like to make a loop that reads each file in a specified folder.
>
> My first goal though is to be able to open the .dta files directly in matlab. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks

According to the manufacturer's website, http://www.gamry.com/assets/Support-Downloads/Quick-Start-Guides/EchemAnalystSoftwareManual.pdf,
.dta files are ASCII data only, no binary. And the documentation says they can easily be read by Excel or Origin. It shouldn't be too difficult to parse them in Matlab. Have you tried using any of the import tools in ML?
Barry