Topic: Why Do Americans Stink at Math?
Replies: 23   Last Post: Aug 3, 2014 12:28 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Why Do Americans Stink at Math?

'israeliteknight' posted Jul 31, 2014 2:20 AM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9535180) - GSC's remarks follow:

<snip>
> ('israeliteknight'): Why exactly does Bill Gates NOT
> sponsor them, and
> instead sponsors someone from a country where parents
> sell their children for $3.00 each?

Indeed.

And even more important, why does not Bill Gates sponsor 'israeliteknight' to some classes in:

i) Calculus (or even in "CALCULUS!" as applied to ancient Navigation);

ii) Plain and simple statistics (including 'standard deviations');

iii) Clear thinking;

iv) Christian thinking. [Mr 'israeliteknight' stands in rather desperate need of this last, to judge from his missives here at Math-teach or his exegeses at his remarkable website "THE CHRISTIAN PARTY: Father's Manifesto" (http://fathersmanifesto.net/)].

I vote that A SPECIAL PETITION should be sent to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to make urgent provision for any one of the four things noted above.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy